I like to think of this as a “Moroccan martini”. A couple of things to bear in mind: Always use the best-quality vodka available, and take the time to carefully cut a curlicue or swirl of orange zest to garnish the cocktail. If you like, use orange-flavored vodka. For a spicier version, you can marinate the cardamom pods and cinnamon sticks in a bottle of vodka beginning at least 24 hours in advance; the spices will infuse the neutral liquor with their heady flavors.
- 12 ounces vodka
- 11/2 to 2 ounces dry vermouth
- 6 cardamom pods
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- Zest of 1 orange
1. Chill 6 martini glasses. (The best way to chill your martini glasses is to fill them with ice, top off with cold water, and let them sit for 10 minutes.)
2. Pour the vodka and vermouth into a shaker filled with ice and shake well. Strain the vodka-vermouth mixture into the chilled glasses.
3. Add a cardamom pod and a cinnamon stick to each glass, garnish wwith the orange zest, and serve.
We thought you might like:
LATEST in Food & Drink
- Fabulous Recipe: Fresh Hummus With Tahini
- Artichoke Canapés
- Fabulous Recipe: Poached Egg Brioche
- Colin's "Cucumber Chill" Cocktail
- Fabulous Recipe: Lobster and Brown Rice Risotto
- Fabulous Recipe: Strawberry Soup with Champagne and Mint